Veterans Aid Fund
We help and assist National Service Veterans with the following:
SMS your NAME to
- Maintenance: how to change
the maintenance amount; how
to secure maintenance where
there is no maintenance order
in place; steps to take when the
other parent fails to obey the
maintenance order; paternity
- Getting married: matrimonial
property regimes; ante-nuptial
agreements; permanent life-partnerships.
- Divorce: Opposed and
- Children: Parental responsibilities
and rights; unabridged birth
certificates; the rights of
unmarried biological fathers.
- The Wills Act 7 of 1953: formalities when drafting a will; what if the will does not comply with all the formalities; safekeeping of wills; having someone sign your will on your behalf; amending a will; effect of divorce or annulment of marriage on a will.
- The Intestate Succession
Act 81 of 1987: what if you or a relative pass on without a valid will; executor or
Master’s Representative; child’s share; inheritance of spouse; descendants; parents; descendants of deceased parents; etc.
- The estate administration process: what happens to a person’s estate when he or she dies; how to report a deceased estate to the Master’s Office;
- The Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008: Refunds; Repairs and Replacements; Cancelations; Cooling off periods.
- Debt: The Small Claims Court; the Prescription Act 68 of 1969.
- Motor vehicle accidents.
- Arrest: What to do when arrested; Drinking and driving; The rights of an accused.
- Advice on specific crimes,
including rape; crimen iniuria; receiving stolen goods; assault; firearm contraventions.
- Advice on the expungement (clearance) of your criminal record.
The bail line is available to Clients twenty-four hours a day and seven days a week. This benefit includes:
- Advice on criminal matters and/or assistance with the arrangement of Police Bail (if possible). This includes complimentary calls to the
relevant SAPS by Legal Hero as well as to the next of kin to keep him/ her updated at all times;
- Should Police Bail not be possible due to the nature of the offence or it not being the Client’s first arrest, Legal Hero can arrange a discounted panel attorney to attend the bail hearing but the aforementioned will be for the Client’s own account.
In terms of this benefit, Clients are entitled to the following:
- Child Maintenance;
- CCMA conciliation;
- Traffic violations/offences.
- Other tailor-made standard
- Contract of sale for movable property;
- Acknowledgement of debt;
- Lease agreements;
- Basic wills (excluding trusts);
- Perusing and offering legal advice on standard legal contracts.
Value Added Service Proudly Serviced by Legal Hero